Washington State University Security Incident Class Action Settlement
Washington State University or WSU was established in 1980. It is a non-profit research university located in Pullman, Washington.
The $3.2 million settlement was reached in the class-action lawsuit that claims that in April 2017 WSU hard drives with the backup of the Social and Economics Research Centre’s servers were taken from a storage facility at Quality Self Storage in Olympia, Washington which contains personal information for the millions of students. There is disagreement over whether the information was disclosed to the public or unauthorized individuals.
The plaintiffs claimed that the incident is a result of the WSUwas not able to safeguard their personal data. The defendant denies all allegations, the court hasn’t yet made a decision either in favor of plaintiffs, or defendants.
If you’re one of the victims and as a class member, then you are able to start a lawsuit. To learn how to begin your claim, you should read this article.
Eligibility Criteria to File a Claim for Washington State University Security Incident Class Action Settlement
In order to file a claim to be eligible for Washington State University Security Incident Class Action Settlement, you must first satisfy the eligibility requirements.
- You must be enrolled at Washington State University
- Then you should have an email from WSU at or around June 2017 regarding the Security Incident
Rules relating to the Washington State University Security Incident Settlement for Class Actions
If you’re a class member in the Washington State University Security Incident Class Action Settlement then you must adhere to the following rules that apply to the settlement:
- For your claim to be considered, you must fill out an application form for the claim
- The claim form must be received by September 17, 2019, 2019
- If you are not interested in this settlement, you may exempt yourself from the settlement
- The exclusion notice needs to be submitted by August 19, 2019, 2019
- If you would like to be a witness during the Final Fairness Hearing, you must submit a request for it.
How to File Claim for Washington State University Security Incident Class Action Settlement?
In order to file a claim for your claim for Washington State University Security Incident Class Action Settlement, you will need to follow the steps below.
Online Claim File
- Open the official website of the Washington State University Security Incident Class Action Settlement with the link www.wsusettlement.com
- Click on the “Submit a Claim” section.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and select the “Start Claim” or “Start Your Claim Form” option.
On the next page, you must enter the following information:
- Unique ID (mentioned on your notification)
- First Name
- Last Name
- Zip Code
- (optional) Phone number (optional)
- Email address
After filling in all of the information, hit”Next. “Next” option.
File By Mail
To file your claim by mail download the claim form from the link www.wsusettlement.com/Claim-Form. The claim form should be filled in with all the required information and sent to:
Armon et al. (v.). Washington State University, Case No. 17-2-23244-1 SEA
C/O WSU Claims Administrator
P.O. Box 6727 Portland,
All Mail should be postmarked by September 17, 2019.
Washington State University Security Incident Class Action Settlement Prize
When you submit your claims within the time frame mentioned, you will be eligible for the following settlement benefits:
- Credit Monitoring and Insurance Services.
- Cash payment to cover the cost of expenses incurred out-of-pocket that are documented up to $5000
- Cash payment for lost Time as high as $45
- Certain remedial steps and improved security measures WSU has or will take in the course of this action
The Benefits of the Credit Monitoring and Insurance Services of WSU
- If someone attempts to make modifications to your account information on the Identity Guard system, then you’ll be notified by an alert to verify your identity.
- A maximum of $1 million dollars in reimbursement insurance from AIG for losses resulting from identity theft using stolen funds reimbursement as well as $1 million in identity theft insurance
- Safe and secure apps available for iOS as well as Android Mobile devices
- Safe browsing software To protect your computer against malicious content
- In the event that you’re Social Security number, credit card numbers financial account numbers health insurance numbers, as well as other information, are discovered through the Dark Web, you will be notified by Dark Web Monitoring providing the alert.
Washington State University Security Incident Class Action Settlement Prize Rules
- The settlement price is only available per person.
- Individual cash lost time payments can be reduced on a proportional basis based on the Settlement Class Members who are involved in the lawsuit
- Cash payment to cover the lost Time 15 dollars per hour that you claim for up to three hours
- If your address changes after you have filed the claim, you are responsible to notify the Claim Administrator.
How to Exclude from the Washington State University Security Incident Class Action Settlement?
If you want to exclude from the settlement you must complete and sign a request for exclusion mentioning the details:
- Telephone number
The request should be physically signed by you; and contain a statement to the effect that “I hereby request to be excluded from the proposed Settlement Class in Armon et al. v. Washington State University, Case No. 17-2-23244-1 SEA.”
The request for exclusion must be postmarked or received by the Claims Administrator at the address below no later than August 19, 2019, at
Additional Information Related to Washington State University Security Incident Class Action Settlement
- King County Superior Court is overviewing the lawsuit
- Honorable Laura Inveen is judging the case
- The Court will hold a Final Fairness Hearing on October 25, 2019, at 9:00 a.m
- The case name is Armon et al. v. Washington State University, Case No. 17-2-23244-1 SEA
- Class Counsels are MIX SANDERS THOMPSON PLLC, TOUSLEY BRAIN STEPHENS PLLC, BENDER LAW PLLC, AHDOOT & WOLFSON PC
- Defense Counsels are BAKER & HOSTETLER LLP
For any quarries related to Washington State University Security Incident Class Action Settlement
Call: 1-855-456-5222 (Toll-Free)
Washington State University FAQ
What SAT score is required for WSU?
Because this school is lightly selective, you have a great shot at getting in, as long as you don’t fall well below average. Aim for a 1030 SAT or a 20 ACT or higher, and you’ll almost certainly get an offer of admission.
What is WSU acceptance rate?
Is WSU free?
As a general example, if you’re from a family of four with an income of $46,500 or less, you could attend Washington State University tuition-free.
How much does tuition cost at WSU?
Local tuition 11,841 USD, Domestic tuition 26,419 USD (2019 – 20)
What is the #1 party school in the US?
What Are the Top Party Colleges?
What college has the lowest acceptance rate?
Non-Specialized Colleges With Low Acceptance Rates
Is WSU a target school?
Washington State University (WSU)’s average ACT score is 67. … To consider Washington State University (WSU) a “target” school (one that you have a good chance of getting into) you should aim for a score of 77.
What is WSU graduation rate?
66.3% (For first-time, full-time in 2018–19)
Washington State University Also Search
|Washington state university football||Washington state university|
|Washington state university notable alumni||Washington state university football|
|Washington state university ranking||Washington state university Vancouver|
|Washington state university GRE waiver||Washington state university ranking|
|Washington state university GPA||Washington state university tuition|
|Washington state university mascot||Washington state university address|
|Washington state university world ranking||Washington state university jobs|
|Washington state university graduate programs||Washington state university football schedule|
|Washington state university athletics||Washington state university location|